I would like to know your advice for the Muslimah married and with children who wants to study Islam properly and dreams to be a student of knowledge.
First of all I ask Allah to grant you knowledge about Him and about Islam.
Now you need to set your priorities as a Muslim married woman. These priorities are set by Islaam.
قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ: إِذَا صَلَّتْ الْمَرْأَةُ خَمْسَهَا، وَصَامَتْ شَهْرَهَا، وَحَفِظَتْ فَرْجَهَا، وَأَطَاعَتْ زَوْجَهَا,
قِيلَ لَهَا: ادْخُلِي مِنْ أَيِّ أَبْوَابِ الْجَنَّةِ شِئْتِ
The Prophet, peace be upon him, said: If the woman prays her five prayers, and fasts her month (Ramadhan), and protects her private parts and obeys her husband, it will be said to her: enter to the Paradise from any door that you wish
Here are the priorities:
- Performing the pillars of Islaam
- Obeying your husband and being a good wife to him and a good mother to your children.
So, first you need to make sure that you are doing these obligatory priorities, in addition to the priority of knowing the basics of the religion which you need to correct your Tawheed and correct your worships.
If you completed these priorities and you still have spare time then you can start seeking knowledge, without affecting your duties as a wife and a mother. You will need to invest your own free time. For example you can learn from fajr till the time of work and school, or 2 hours before fajr, or while they are in school.
What to start with:
- Learning Arabic
- Memorizing Quran, at least the جزء عم juz ‘amma to be able to pray with it.
- Reading and understanding Tafseer of Quran.
- Learn about Allah Perfect Names
- Learn Aqeedah, you can start by the explanation of Thalathat Usool, then explanation of Tawheed book.
- Learn the explanation of the 40 nawaweya ahadeeth.
- Learn Fiqh related to acts of worship, prayers, purification, fasting, zakah
- When you learn and understand and practice what you learned, start teaching people around you.
This is what is needed from us as women to be knowledgeable with our religion and to worship Allah knowing what pleases Him. Make sure that you always ask Allah aid to grant you knowledge and understanding.
- Names of Allah
- New Muslims
- Aqeedah – Tawheed
- New Muslims
- Pillars of Islam
- Questions related to our classes
- Women issues