I have few questions regarding salatul tahajjud please.
- Do we need to sleep n wake up to pray tahajjud or it will be considered tahajjud even if we stay up all night?
- It has to be only after the last 3rd of the night starts?
- Tahajjud and qiyyam al layl is the same?
- If ladies pray taraweeh at home, is it okay to pray 20 rakaa and then 8 before suhooor followed by witr?
- If we do not t get up from sleep to pray (while having the intention to wake up before fajr) tahajjud we still get the reward for it?
I’m sorry for asking so many questions,
May allah ta’ala reward you with goodness abundantly
Qiyam al layl has different names but all of them are same thing: Qiyam layl. If you make qiyam in the last third of the night (even if you did not sleep before it) this is called Tahajjud. There are some scholars who said that Tahajud is the prayers when you pray is you slept after Ishaa for a while.
In Ramadan when you pray Jamaa in a mosque after Ishaa prayer, this is called Taraweeh, the Ulamaa have different sayings on which is better in Ramadan specifically, to pray after Ishaa or to postpone it to the last third of the night. but both are Qiyam layl. You can do whatever.
Ishaa prayer has a time limit which you are not allowed to pass and it is till midnight. Midnight is known by calculating the time from maghrib to fajr and when you know how many hours are, then , you divide by 2, then you add the result to the maghrib time. This is midnight. i.e mid time between maghrib and fajr.
The Sunnah is to pray long 8 or 10 rakaat in addition to 3 watr.
if you pray more it is permissible, but it is better to stick to the Sunnah. This is the best, you need to take some time to sleep and rest to be fit and concentrating in Fajr prayer,
Yes, you will be rewarded. Tahajjud is the prayer before al Fajr. Tahajjud is of course better than praying early after isha because it is the time when Allah “Yatanazal” (i.e. descends) and asks who wants to ask forgiveness or his needs, and Allah will give him what he asked.